Wednesday 13 August 2008

11/08/08 In gallery





So today I moved into the gallery space, it was an exciting day and realised it had been a long time coming. I was so ready to get my stuff in and set up my desk and stuff and equipment. I had been drawing it for months in sketchbook and now it became real. When I got into the gallery it was bare, but had the picture hanging bars in place still from previous exhibition and the numbers still stuck on the wall. I began to remove but then decided that I kinda of liked the rawness that this brought to the gallery, exposing its use and its past. I decided to hang many of my own objects off the hooks, including the token painted overalls. Today I focused on making the space look like a studio, place of work, a place of work used by an artist. The idea that the potentials of this place, now as artist studio has becoming the work, as well as playing around with authenticity of what is the work, what was not the work? After setting up I felt excited and fell in love with the aesthetic of the studio in a white walled gallery space, hat was it, that was the work for a moment then for me. It said it all very simply, however i knew it would not be enough, I knew I would need to do more. It was not it, it just felt like that. I knew tomorrow would therefore be a difficult day.

No comments: